Home About Services Forms Resources Contact  

US MINT CCSP Applications

OPM Form 1644

US MINT CCSP Monthly Invoice




US MINT Frequently Asked Questions



FFA has put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help answer questions that U.S. Mint employees may have about the U.S. Mint Child Care Subsidy Program (CCSP). The questions are grouped in the 3 categories below:

  1. Applying for a subsidy from the U.S. Mint CCSP
  2. Determining eligibility for the U.S. Mint CCSP
  3. Requirements after receiving an U.S. Mint CCSP award

Applying for a Child Care Subsidy fromthe U.S. Mint CCSP

Q: How do I apply for a child care subsidy from U.S. Mint CCSP?

A: Complete an OPM Form 1643, Child Care Subsidy Application Form, for the U.S. Mint CCSP. U.S. Mint employees may download an application from the U.S. Mint CCSP website by following this link, U.S. Mint CCSP Application . This is a fillable PDF form.

In addition to submitting a completed application, you must also submit:

  1. A signed and dated copy of your most recent federal income tax return.
  2. A copy of your (and your spouse or partner, if applicable)2 most recent Statement of Earnings and Leave (SEL) (paycheck stubs for your spouse or partner, if applicable).
  3. Have your child care provider(s) complete an OPM Form 1644and submit the completed form to FFA (your child care provider can submit this form to FFA directly).
  4. A copy of your childcare providerís current license or proof of compliance with State and/or local child care regulations.
  5. A copy of your child care providerís rate sheet or fee schedule, which the provider gives to parents to show how much they charge for their child care services.
  6. A completed IRS Form W-9 from your child care provider(s).
  7. A copy of the birth certificate for each child that will be participating in the U.S. Mint CCSP.

Q: When can a new employee apply for U.S. Mint CCSP?

Immediately, upon starting to work for the U.S. Mint, as long as the U.S. Mint employee does meet all the eligibility criteria.

Q: Where should I send my application to be processed?

A: The application can be mailed to the following address:

First Financial Associates
7079 Hayden Quarry RD
Lithonia, Georgia 30038-2506

Or, the completed application package can also be emailed to: usmintccsp@1stfinancialassociates.com , or it can be faxed to: (770) 484-9313

Determining Eligibility for the U.S. Mint CCSP

Q: What factors will FFA consider in order to determine if an employee is eligible to receive an award?

A: FFA will follow the guidelines established by the U.S. Mint to determine which employees who apply for an award, meet all of the eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements are:

  1. You must be a full-time U.S. Mint employee, permanent and seasonal.
  2. You must not be a part-time U.S. Mint employee.
  3. Have a child enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, a licensed or regulated childcare facility, or with a licensed or regulated childcare provider (licensed and/or regulated by the State and/or local authorities where the child care service is provided).
  4. Your child must have the following relationship to you: a) a biological child who lives with you; b) an adopted child; c) a stepchild; d) a foster child; e) a child for whom a judicial determination of support has been obtained; or f) a child who you are the parent or legal guardian of, and to whose support you make regular and substantial contributions.
  5. Your child must be age 13 or under, or under age 18 if your child is disabled. A disabled child is defined as one who is unable to care for himself or herself based on a physical ormental incapacity as determined by a physician or licensed or certified psychologist.
  6. Have a total family income (TFI) that does not exceed $60,000per year. TFI is determined by looking at the adjusted gross income (AGI),for yourself and your spouse or partner, as reported on the most recent federal income tax return(IRS Form1040,IRS Form 1040A, or IRS 1040EZ).

Q: Once I have been determined eligible to receive an award, do I have to submit a new application each year?

A: No. However, you will need to re-certify your eligibility no later than April 30thof each year. In order for us to determine your continued eligibility to receive an U.S. Mint CCSP award, each year you mustcomplete the recertification process and submit copies of the following: your most recent signed and dated federal income tax return, two most recent pay statements (for you and your spouse, if applicable), your most recent SF-50, and a current copy of your childcare providerís license (if the previous license has expired).

Q: Will I be notified that I am eligible to receive an award?

A: Yes, FFA will mail a U.S. Mint CCSP Award Letter to all U.S. Mint employees determined to be eligible to receive an award. In addition, FFA will notify all employees who were determined not to be eligible to receive an award and provide the reason(s) for such determination.

Q: What will be the amount of the award?

A: If a U.S. Mint employee is determined to be eligible to receive a U.S. Mint CCSP award, the amount of your award will be90% of total child care expenses each month. The U.S. Mintemployee will be responsible for paying 10% of total child care expenses each month.

Requirements After Receiving an Award

Q: Once I receive an award letter, what should I do next?

A: You must fully complete, sign, and date the U.S. Mint CCSP Award Agreement included with your U.S. Mint Award Letter and return the original signed U.S. Mint CCSP Award Agreementback to FFA.

Q: How do I notify FFA of the amount incurred for childcare charges for each month?

A: You must send FFA a U.S. Mint CCSP Monthly Invoice which will show the total charges incurred for child care services rendered each month. The child care charges should be stated as weekly totals, and the weekly totals should be added to get the total child care expense for each month. Each week ends on a Friday. Most months will have 4 weeks. You can determine how many weeks are in a month by counting the number of Fridays in the month. If the Friday of a week has a date in the next month, then that entire week should not go on the current monthís invoice, it should go on the next monthís invoice. You and your childcare provider must sign the U.S. Mint CCSP invoice for each month. If you have more than one (1) childcare provider, you must submit a separate U.S. Mint CCSP Monthly Invoice for each childcare provider.

Q. How can I get a copy of the U.S. Mint CCSP Monthly Invoice and who will send it to my provider?

A. You may obtain it on our website by following this link: U.S. Mint CCSP Monthly Invoice. The U.S. Mint CCSP Monthly Invoice form is a PDF fillable form. You may complete it online using your keyboard, then print it, sign it and have your childcare provider sign it. Also, when you input the weekly charges for each week, the form will automatically calculate the monthly invoice total.

Q. If I change child care providers when do I notify FFA, and what documents should be submitted?

A. FFA must be notified immediately. We must have a completed Form OPM 1644 for the new childcare provider, and a copy of the providerís current license or proof of compliance with state and/or local child care regulations. In addition, the new child care provider must submit the following other documents to FFA before any CCSP payments can be made to the new child care provider: IRS Form W-9, and a copy of the new child care providerís rate sheet that shows how much they charge for child care services. FFA will not be able to process your monthly invoice without these items.


Copyright © 2019 First Financial Associates, Inc.
Terms of UsePrivacy Policy

Untitled Document Untitled Document