Home About Services forms Resources Contact  

NLRB CCSP Applications

OPM Form 1644

NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice




NLRB CCSP Frequently Asked Questions




FFA has put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help answer questions that the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) employees may have about the NLRB Child Care Subsidy Program (CCSP). The questions are grouped in the categories below:


Applying For a Child Care Subsidy from the NLRB CCSP


Q: How do I apply for an award from NLRB CCSP?

A: Complete an application for the NLRB CCSP. NLRB employees may obtain an application from your Human Resources Branch, or you may download the application from FFA�s website by following this link, NLRB CCSP Application. Please make sure that you put the NLRB as your Federal Agency on line 2.

  1. A copy of your most recent Federal Tax Return.
  2. A copy of the Leave and Earnings Statement for the two(2) most recent pay periods for each parent or guardian.
  3. A completed Form OPM 1644 for each of your childcare providers.
  4. A copy of your childcare provider's current license or statement of compliance with State and/or local child care regulations.


Q: When can a new employee apply for NLRB CCSP?
Immediately, upon joining NLRB, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.


Q: Where should I send my application to be processed?

A: If the application is mailed, it should be mailed to the following address:

First Financial Associates
7079 Hayden Quarry RD
Lithonia, Georgia 30038


Determining Eligibility For NLRB CCSP


Q: What factors will FFA consider to determine if an employee is eligible to receive an award?

A: FFA will follow the guidelines established by NLRB to determine which employees who apply for an award meet all of the eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements are:

  1. You must be an NLRB employee.
  2. You must be a full-time or regular part-time employee.
  3. Have a child enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, a licensed childcare facility, or with a licensed childcare provider (licensed and/or regulated by the State and/or local authorities where the service is provided.
  4. Your child must be a member of a household maintained by you and have the following relationship to you: a) a biological child who lives with you; b) an adopted child; c) a stepchild; d) a foster child; e) a child for whom a judicial determination of support has been obtained; or f) a child who you are the parent or legal guardian of and to whose support you make regular and substantial contributions.
  5. Your child must be age 13 or under, or disabled through age 18.
  6. Have a total family income (TFI) that does not exceed $50,347 per year. TFI is determined by looking at the adjusted gross income (AGI), for yourself and your spouse, as reported on the most recent IRS Form 1040 or Form 1040A


Q: Once I have been determined eligible to receive an award, do I have to submit a new application each year?

A: No. However, you will need to re-certify your eligibility no later than May 1st of each year. If you are deemed eligible to receive the award, you are required to submit copies of the following: your most recent federal income tax return, and a copy of your Childcare Provider's License.


Q: Will I be notified that I am eligible to receive an award?

A: Yes, FFA will mail award letters to all employees determined to be eligible to receive an award. In addition, FFA will notify all employees who were determined not to be eligible to receive an award, and provide the reason(s) for such determination.


Q: What will be the amount of the award?

A: The amount of your award will be determined based on the employee's total family income (TFI). TFI will be determined by the adjusted gross income as indicated on the employee�s and their spouse's recently filed IRS Form 1040 or 1040A. The award will be a percentage of all eligible child care costs, as shown on the table below: .


Total Family Income Child Care Subsidy paid by NLRB per Family per week
Less than $31,464
$31,465 - $35,241
$35,242 - $37,929
$37,930 - $42,838
$42,839 - $46,567
$46,568 - $50,346
Over $50,347



Requirements After Receiving an Award


Q: Once I receive an award letter, what should I do next?

A: You must fully complete, sign, and date the Award Acceptance Agreement included with your award letter and return it to FFA.


Q: How do I notify FFA of the amount incurred for childcare charges for each month?

A: You must send FFA a NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice which shows the total charges incurred for services rendered for childcare services. The charges should be stated as weekly totals, and the weekly totals should be added to get the total for each month. Each week ends on a Friday. Most months will have 4 weeks. You can determine how many weeks are in a month by counting the number of Fridays in the month. If the Friday of a week has a date in the next month, then that entire week should not go on the current month�s invoice, it should go on the next month�s invoice. You and your child care provider must sign the invoice for each month. If you have more than one (1) Childcare Provider, you must submit a separate invoice for each child care Provider. Q: How can I get a copy of the NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice and who will send it to my provider?


Q. How can I get a copy of the NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice and who will send it to my provider?

A: You may obtain it on our website by following this link: NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice. The NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice form is a fillable form. You may complete it online using your keyboard, then print it, sign it and have your childcare provider sign it. Also, when you input the weekly charges for each week, the form will automatically calculate the monthly invoice total.


Q: Is there a timeframe in which my provider must file invoices for services provided?

A: Yes, monthly invoices for each month must be submitted to FFA no later than the end of the following month. For example, we must receive the June invoice by the end of July; we must receive the July invoice by the end of August, and so on.


Q: If I change child care providers when do I notify FFA, and what documents should be submitted?

A: FFA must be notified immediately. We must have a completed Form OPM 1644 for the new childcare provider, and a copy of the provider�s current license or a statement of compliance with state and/or local child care regulations. FFA will not be able to process your monthly invoice without these items.


Q: If I change or transfer regional offices within NLRB, should I notify FFA?

A: Yes, please notify FFA immediately, and also indicate the regional change on your NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice. For example, if you transfer from region 5 to Region 11, or any other region within NLRB, you should notify FFA, and put the correct region on the NLRB CCSP Monthly Invoice form.




Copyright © 2019 First Financial Associates, Inc.
Terms of UsePrivacy Policy